Low Carb Keto Chicken Parmesan
parmesan crusted chicken breasts covered in marinara and cheese
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese go for the parmesan kept at your grocery's refrigerated section!
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of no salt added Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ of oil for frying olive oil works great
- 1 large egg whisked
- 4 chicken breasts 6ish ounces each, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce
- 6 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish chopped
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a plate with paper towels to place the fried chicken on and set aside.
Sprinkle the salt, Italian seasoning and pepper onto both sides of the chicken breasts. Place your grated parmesan on a shallow dish. In another shallow dish beat the egg.
In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg so that it's fully covered and then dip it in the breading so that it is fully covered.
Fry the chicken in the hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until a nice golden grown. Don't worry about whether or not the chicken is fully cooked as it will finish cooking in the oven. Once done, place the chicken on plate lined with paper towels.
Spread ½ cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Place the chicken in the dish and then spread the remaining marinara sauce evenly on top of the chicken. Place the shredded mozzarella on top of the chicken and bake for 20 minutes until it’s a nice golden brown. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot.
Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 69g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 236mg | Sodium: 1717mg | Potassium: 1216mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1014IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 547mg | Iron: 3mg