I've been a huge fan of Foodbeast for years. So when they approached me to team up for a crazy food recipe, I was all in. The only catch was that the recipe had to be pizza themed and include PBR.
So I started thinking about all sorts of pizza creations and then I remembered how I've re-purposed leftover pizza slices as burger buns and the rest is history. I upped the burger up with some beer braised Italian sausages and onions and this behemoth of a burger is not only delicious but insanely filling.
FoodBeast Pizza Burger Recipe
- 4 slices of pizza preferably plain cheese pizza
- 1 lb of ground chuck 80/20 divided into two balls
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices of pepperoni
- 6 fresh basil leaves minced
- 1 Roma tomato thinly sliced
- 1 can of PBR
- ½ a yellow onion sliced
- 2 spicy Italian sausages
- In a non stick skillet place your two sausages over medium high and brown them on all sides.
- Once browned, remove from the heat, slice them in half lengthwise without fully separating then set aside. Increase the heat to high, throw the onions into the skillet you just cooked your sausages in and saute until soft.
- Then, add one can of PBR, pinch of salt and place the sausages back into the skillet and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the sausages are being braised in the beer, heat a cast iron griddle over medium heat until warm. While the griddle warms up, grab a slice of mozzarella and fold it over twice until you have four small squares.
- Grab one of your balls of meat and using your thumb make an indentation in the meat to place the cheese in.
- Gently cover all of the cheese with the meat making sure there are no holes where the cheese can seep out of and form it into a burger patty.
- Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the patty. Repeat this same process for the other ball of ground beef.
- Place the patties on the griddle, seasoned side down. Using a large, sturdy metal spatula, gently press down on the patties. Evenly season the uncooked side of meat with salt and pepper.
- DO NOT MOVE OR FLIP OVER THE BURGERS! While the burgers are cooking, grab your four slices of pizza and cut a four inch-ish circle out of them. If you have a large biscuit cutter, you can use one of those. These will be your burger buns.
- After three minutes, you should see the edges of your burger have turned brown and crisp. Once you see that, gently slide a spatula under the burger and flip it over.
- Put two slices of mozzarella cheese on top of each burger as well as 3 pepperoni slices and cook for one more minute.
- Once the burger is fully cooked, it’s time to assemble. Place the burgers over your cut out pizza slices.
- Then pile an Italian sausage on top of each burger, some cooked onions, tomato slices and lastly some minced basil.
Check out the video below to see how it's made! ENJOY!