Big Batch Coquito Recipe!
- 3 cans full-fat coconut milk 13.5 fl oz size
- 4 cans Coco Lopez cream of coconut 15 fl oz size
- 3 cans evaporated milk 12 fl oz size
- 1.5 cans sweetened condensed milk 14 fl oz size
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bottle Puerto Rican rum of choice! 750 ml size, For this recipe I used Don Q añejo
- cinnamon sugar and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a very large stockpot, combine all of the canned milks. Whisk well after each can and add the ground cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Taste and adjust to your liking. Lastly, add your bottle of rum. Once you’ve added everything and whisked well, strain the liquid using a mesh strainer to get out any clumps of cinnamon or nutmeg that didn’t break down.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. If you can refrigerate overnight, it’ll taste even better. Once ready to serve, garnish your glass with a cinnamon sugar rim and a cinnamon stick. I like to pour this into bottles and give to friends as a fun Christmas present, when I do that I’ll add one cinnamon stick to the bottle.
I researched dozens of recipes, tested a few and this is what I came up with. It’s a big batch that makes about a gallon so you’ll have enough to share with friends or to hoard all for yourself
For my vegan friends, feel free to use coconut evaporated milk and coconut sweetened condense milk instead of the dairy based stuff.
This recipe has no eggs in it on purpose so it has a longer shelf-life. I personally love to give this as christmas gifts to my friends. I also add an entire cinnamon stick to This will last in your freezer for about 6 months. Be sure to give the bottle a good stir before serving as all the spices will settle at the bottom of the bottle.