For this pretzel pizza nacho recipe, I made my own marinara sauce. However, you can feel free to use your favorite store bought marinara.
While your pretzels bake, you can get your cheese, pepperoni/toppings and marinara ready. Feel free to swap out the pepperoni for other pizza toppings of your choice.
I'm a big believer in the more cheese, the better any dish will be. So don't be shy to pile on the mozzarella. Don't be shy, feel free to sprinkle on some parmesan too if you'd like.
Pretzel Pizza Nacho Recipe!
- 1 package of SUPERPRETZEL Mozzarella Soft Bites
- 1 package of SUPERPRETZEL PepperJack Soft Bites
- 1 14 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup of pepperoni slices
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees. Place the frozen SUPERPRETZEL bites onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the pretzel bites are baking, place the diced tomatoes, garlic powder, olive oil, oregano, pepper, salt, and basil leaves in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the sauce occasionally and allow to simmer while pretzel bites bake. I personally don’t like chunky marinara sauce, so I put the sauce in a food processor until smooth. If you don’t mind a chunky sauce you can omit that step.
- Once the pretzels are done baking, remove from the oven and turn off the heat on the sauce pan. While still hot, carefully arrange the pretzel bites into a cast iron skillet or small casserole dish.
- Once you’ve arranged the pretzel bites, pour the homemade marinara sauce over the pretzel bites. Be sure to reserve about ½ cup of sauce for additional dipping later on.
- Place your shredded mozzarella over the marinara and finally add your pepperoni. Place the cast iron skillet into the oven for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy these pizza pretzel nachos!