The Food Blogger Cookie Swap is a fundraiser with all of the proceeds going to Cookies For Kids' Cancer. I try to take part in as much charity work as I can, so this cookie swap allows me the opportunity to tie in two of my other passions: my blog and baking. For my second year in the cookie swap, I decided to keep things slightly old school with a mild twist.
I love this recipe because it's got the sweet and salty thing going on. The sea salt heightens the chocolate and pistachio flavor in such a great way.
If you're looking store the cookie dough to bake later, form your cookies and place them on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the freezer then place them in an airtight container. They'll keep in your freeser for about a month or two.
To store freshly baked cookies, as soon as the cookies are cool place them in a tightly closed plastic container or resealable bag. They will stay fresh for 3-5 days.
Not a pistachio fan? Swap the pistachios for walnuts or pecans.
Not a fan of sweet & salty combinations? Omit the final sprinkle of sea salt!
Don't like dark chocolate? Opt for semi-sweet or milk chocolate instead!
Check out these other cookie recipes
Sea Salt, Pistachio and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted cold butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli's 60% cocoa dark chocolate chips
- 1 heaping cup of freshly shelled pistachios
- Sea Salt for topping Preferably Maldon.
- -Place rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- -In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and beat in for about a minute. Lastly, add vanilla extract and beat til blended.
- -In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the mixture all at once to the butter mixture. Beat on low speed until just incorporated. Finally mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- -For this recipe, I scooped cookies 1 tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Leave about an inch and a half of room between each cookie. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- -I like my cookies chewy and soft, so I baked them for 12 minutes, you can bake them for a bit longer until golden brown if you prefer. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks for sending me these awesome cookies! I just recently discovered I love pistachios, so it worked out nicely. I bet they were even yummier right out of the oven 🙂
I sent them priority, so I hope they made it ok. Aren't pistachios oddly amazing!?
Amanda k. says
Thanks so much for sending me a batch of these, they were AMAZING! Dark chocolate and pistachios are two of my favorite things :)!
Ava Tettamanti says
Imma try this...after I top off my 3 Cookie Butter jars, that is.
Do you have to chop the pistachios or leave them whole?
I leave them whole, but you can give them a rough chop if you like.