Who needs a cup of coffee when you can have your espresso in cookie form?! The idea of putting coffee into cookies seemed like the perfect way to marry two of my favorite things.
About a month ago I splurged and bought these caramelized white chocolate chips. I played around with a couple different cookie ideas, but these caramelized white chocolate and espresso cookies has been my favorite use of this sweet chocolate. The strong espresso coffee flavor blends perfectly with the sweet chocolate.
What kind of coffee do I need to make these cookies?
For these caramelized white chocolate and espresso cookies, I used a finely ground espresso. I used Panther Coffee's espresso because they're my local favorite, but you can use any espresso you like. To get the really fine powder I was looking for I used this electric coffee grinder.
What other types of chocolate can I use?
If you don't have caramelized white chocolate chips, no worries. You can opt for some dark chocolate chips or even regular white chocolate chunks would work great for this recipe.
How do you store unbaked cookie dough?
I'm a big fan of making a big batch of cookie dough and freezing the bulk of the dough in order to have fresh baked cookies whenever I want. This is my process for freezing cookie dough:
- Using your ice cream scoop, scoop out your cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Chill the scooped cookie dough balls in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and place the cold cookie dough balls into a freezer safe zip-top bag.
- Place the freeze cookie dough for up to 2 months.
- When it’s time to bake the cookies, bake them for two minutes longer since the dough is frozen.
Check out these other cookie recipes
Caramelized White Chocolate and Espresso Cookies
- 1 cup room temperature salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of espresso coffee beans finely ground
- 2 cup of caramelized white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, espresso, cornstarch, and salt together then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no sugar lumps remain.
- To the sugar mixture, add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with wet ingredients. Gently mix until combined.
- Fold in the caramelized white chocolate into the dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches of space between the cookies
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving and enjoy!
If you'd like smaller cookies, use a melon-baller or tablespoon and bake for 7-9 minutes.