Seeing as how I live four hours away, I decided I needed to make a Gideon's Bakehouse copycat recipe ASAP. This recipe is my take on their peanut butter crunch cookie. The cookie has a peanut butter base, contains honey roasted peanuts and peanut butter chips. The final touch is a sprinkle of flaked sea salt that heightens the flavors.
If you're looking store the cookie dough to bake later, form your cookies and place them on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the freezer then place them in an airtight container. They'll keep in your freeser for about a month or two.
To store freshly baked cookies, as soon as the cookies are cool place them in a tightly closed plastic container or resealable bag. They will stay fresh for 3-5 days.
Like some chocolate in your triple peanut butter cookies? Cut the peanut butter chips in the cookies down to ¼ cup and add ⅓ cup of your choice of chocolate chips.
Love the idea of bananas and peanut butter? Cut the peanut butter chips in the cookies down to ¼ cup and add ⅓ cup of chopped sweetened banana chips
Check out these other cookie recipes
Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-⅔ cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup of peanut butter chips divided
- 1 cup of honey roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter and sugars, mix until combined.
- Add in the peanut butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Add in one egg at time and continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, and flour then mix. Fold in 1 cup of peanut butter chips and peanuts.
- Scoop the cookie dough using an ice cream scoop for larger cookies and place onto your prepared cookie sheet. Once you've scooped the cookies, add additional peanut butter chips onto the top of the cookie and sprinkle with flake seat salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the cookies and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.