It's become a tradition in my house that Saturdays are fun breakfast days. That usually means pancakes with Nutella. We're not rushing out the door to work or school on Saturdays, so we can spend time making breakfast together. My son loves digging into his pancakes and finding a hidden pocket of melted nutella in the center
Make from scratch or premade mix?
This pancakes with Nutella recipe makes the pancakes from scratch, but if you'd rather use your favorite store-bought mix then go for it!
I love these pancakes with Nutella topped with fresh strawberries or raspberries. You can add them both and some extra nutella drizzled over the top. Some whipped cream and bananas would also be great.
Nutella filled pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup of Nutella
- Berries of choice and extra Nutella for garnish
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour in the milk, egg , vanilla extract and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Pour your Nutella into a piping bag or ziplock bag. If using a ziplock, cut a ½ inch hole in one of the corners. If using a piping back, cut the tip about ½ inch big. You can also use a small cookie scoop.
- Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat. Once your pan is hot, pour about ¼ cup for each pancake and add about 1 tablespoon of Nutella into the middle of the pancake. Cover the Nutella with 1-2 tablespoons of batter.
- Once your pancake is golden on the bottom, flip it over.
- Garnish your pancakes with your choice of berries and more Nutella
Ready for more pancakes? Try my double chocolate chip pancake recipe!