Its a little known fact that I am obsessed with Lucky Charms cereal. Not the marshmallow bits, the actual cereal. I normally will sit there and pick out the marshmallows just to eat the cereal pieces. With St Patrick's Day coming up, I decided to make lucky charms marshmallow treats.
These lucky charms marshmallow treats are a great and easy treat. I made these with the help of my 4 year old son. These marshmallow treats end up being extra gooey with crunchy cereal and slightly browned buttery flavor. I added a white chocolate drizzle over the top.
I definitely recommend trying these out if you love Lucky Charms cereal or are a fan of Rice Crispy Treats. This marries the two in the most delicious way.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- 3 Tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 16 oz marshmallow package
- 1 10.5 Lucky Charms cereal
- ¼ cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Melt and slightly brown butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Once butter has melted and starts to turn golden, stir in marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows have completely melted and combined with butter, add in the cereal. Using a greased spatula fold the cereal into the marshmallow.
- Once the cereal has been well folded in, carefully pour the marshmallow cereal mix into the prepared pan. Be careful no to press the cereal into the pan, just lightly tap it info place.
- Place the white chocolate and condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Then drizzle it over the top of your marshmallow treats.