I absolutely love the flavor of artichoke spinach dip, but I hate having giant strings of spinach getting stuck in my teeth. So when I started playing around with this recipe, I knew it would be a creamy dip, no giant chunks over here. Ever since my days in the early 2000's of slumming it at Chili's for their 2 for 1 drink specials, I've been obsessed with artichoke spinach dip.
Since getting this spinach and artichoke dip recipe to where I love it, it has become a go-to dip I make when hosting friends because it's quick and easy. I usually serve it with a combination of regular tortilla chips and parmesan crisps for my carb loving and keto diet friends.
By throwing the artichokes and spinach into the food processor, you end up with a creamy dip. If you prefer a really chunky dip, you can bypass that step or opt for a rough chop. Either way, the flavor on this dip is great.
low carb keto artichoke spinach dip
- 1 14oz can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 10 ounce package size frozen chopped spinach thawed, and drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup freshly-grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese separated
- 1 package of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In food processor pulse the artichokes and spinach until finely chopped.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, ¾ cup of the mozzarella, parmesan, romano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and then fold in the artichoke/spinach mixture until well incorporated.
- Spray an oven proof casserole dish. Pour mixture into casserole dish then top with ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until mixture is bubbly and cheese melted through.
- Remove from oven and serve this artichoke spinach dip HOT with your favorite chips.