What better way to start Valentine's Day than with some festive waffles?! This easy valentine's day breakfast is perfect for kids and adults.
This themed breakfast is such an easy and fun way to enjoy a festive valentine breakfast. I love serving this with all the possible toppings and letting everyone customise their waffles as they wish
Why you'll love this delicious breakfast
- Easy valentine’s day breakfast.
- Perfect recipe to celebrate with your little valentines on valentine’s day morning.
- Family friendly and perfect for kids.
- Easy Recipe with simple ingredients.
- Perfect way to celebrate valentine's day morning.
- This great breakfast is ready in less than 20 minutes.
- AP Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsalted Butter
- Red or pink food color
Topping ideas for your Valentine's Day breakfast
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh berries
- red sprinkles
- maple syrup
- strawberry syrup
- peanut butter
- cream cheese icing
- dark chocolate
- heart-shaped fruit
Instructions for this cute valentine’s day breakfast
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, butter, food coloring, egg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until no lumps are left.
- Heat the waffle iron to the highest heat setting and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook waffles until crisp, adding enough batter to the waffle iron to fill the entire lower grid.
- Serve the waffles immediately.
Variations/Substitutions for this fun valentine's day breakfast
Want to make these waffles extra festive? Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make these heart shaped waffles.
Don't want to use artificial pink or red color dye in your waffles? Just omit the food coloring.
Not interested in making these waffles from scratch? Just use your favorite waffle mix or pancake mix.
Don't have buttermilk? Buttermilk substitute: Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of whole milk.
These valentine’s day treats will keep in the freezer for upto 1 month. Once you've cooked the waffles, allow them to cool completely. Layer the waffles between sheets of waxed paper and place inside a reusable freezer bag.
When it's time to reheat your frozen waffles, place your waffles in the toaster and heat until warm.
Check out these other breakfast recipes for fun valentine’s day breakfast ideas
Valentine's Day Waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red or Pink food color gel
- 1 large egg