This spooky cocktail is a perfect Halloween drink. Made with melon liqueur for the bright green color, edible shimmer for some sparkle, black salt and dry ice, this is the perfect drink for your adult halloween party and pair perfectly with halloween snacks.
This green halloween cocktail has been called plenty of things like witches brew, green halloween punch or even Frankenstein thanks to its vibrant green color. No matter what it's a delicious recipe. For Halloween parties, this can also be prepared in a large batch and served as a Halloween punch in a large cauldron, large punch bowl or large pitcher depending on your party theme.
Ingredients needed for this Halloween Cocktail
|Midori melon liqueur |
Fresh lime juice
Black Lava Salt
Cup of ice
Edible shimmer or edible glitter
Instructions to make this delicious drink
This is a very simple recipe for Halloween season.
- Prepare your glass by running a slice of lime around the rim of each glass and dip the edge into a small amount of black salt.
- Add the melon liqueur, tequila, cointreau, lime juice, edible shimmer, simple syrup and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain the green drink into your prepared glass.
- Add using a pair of tongs, add a little dry ice to the glass for a spooky appearance.
- Wait for the dry ice to dissolve before drinking.
Not a fan of Melon Liquer? Opt instead for Raspberry, cherry, or lemon liqueurs. Other options are sour apple schnapps or blue curacao.
If you don't have Cointreau available, you can use Triple Sec.
If you're not a fan of simple syrup, opt for Agave instead.
Don't have any fresh limes handy? You can use for bottled lime juice instead.
Don't have black salt available for your glass rim? Opt instead for black sugar sprinkles.
Equipment needed for this Midori margarita
For this spooky season fun drink, you'll need a cocktail shaker and fun margarita glasses
Using dry ice
When using dry ice, you can not touch it with your bare hands. Use a pair of tongs to handle the dry ice. It’s also perfectly safe in cocktails as long as you use food grade dry ice. When in your cocktail, you must let the dry ice completely dissolve before enjoying your delicious concoction. Swallowing a piece of dry ice can cause injury.
Check out these other fun Halloween recipes
- 1 ounce Midori Melon Liqueur
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce Fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce Simple syrup
- Black Lava Salt
- Cup of ice
- Dry Ice
- pinch of Edible silver glitter or shimmer
- Prepare your glass by running a slice of lime around the rim and dip the rim of the glass into a small amount of black salt.
- Add the melon liqueur, tequila, cointreau, lime juice, edible shimmer, simple syrup and regular ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a prepared margarita glass and using a pair of tongs, add a little dry ice to the glass for a spooky appearance
- Wait for the dry ice to dissolve before drinking
Leave a Reply