These Keto brussel sprouts with bacon were made weekly when I was really dedicated to the keto diet. They're delicious and are the perfect side dish. Although, I'm no longer on the keto diet I still make these on a weekly basis.
What ingredients do you need to make these Keto Brussel Sprouts with Bacon?
- Brussel sprouts
- Red pepper flake
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
What makes these brussel sprouts with Bacon keto-friendly?
Brussels sprouts are perfect for low carb, gluten-free and keto diets. Brussels sprouts have about 4.5g net carbs per cup making them a great low carb vegetable to add to your diet. Additionally, bacon and parmesan major cheese goals right here are also low on carbohydrates.
The secret ingredient to these Keto Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
The secret to these brussel sprouts is cooking them in the rendered bacon grease from your cooked bacon pieces. The bacon fat gives the sprouts a great smokey flavor and also lowers the amount of salt you need to season your dish with.
What equipment do I need to make these Keto Brussel Sprouts with Bacon?
All you need for this recipe is one large saute pan
Looking for more Keto diet recipes?
Keto Brussel Sprouts With Bacon
- 4 cups chopped brussel sprouts about 1 ½ lb's of brussel sprouts
- 4 strips of thick cut bacon chopped
- ½ a yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat place your chopped bacon and cook until crisp. Once cooked transfer your bacon to a paper towel lined dish and set aside.
- To your sauté pan with with bacon grease add your brussel sprouts. Keep your heat at medium high and stir your brussel sprouts to coat evenly with the bacon grease and cook for 1 minute.
- Add your onions, black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes to your brussel sprouts and stir to combine.
- Drop your heat to medium low and cover for 2 minutes.
- Uncover your sauté pan and give your brussel sprouts a good stir and toss. Cover again and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place your brussel sprouts on a serving dish. Top with cooked bacon and parmesan cheese.