I'm back to share another Starbucks copycat you can easily make at home. This time I'm using my Starbucks barista knowledge to share the much requested caramel macchiato.
For this recipe, I tried to make it so you can use the things you already have in your pantry. Instead of using store-bought vanilla syrup, I'm using vanilla extract and sugar.
I'm all for using homemade caramel sauce, but if you don't want to commit to making that you can use your favorite store bought caramel sauce.
What's the difference between a Starbucks macchiato and a traditional macchiato?
A traditional macchiato is made of espresso topped with milk foam. A Starbucks macchiato is made of vanilla flavored and sweetened hot milk topped with espresso, milk foam and caramel drizzle.
What are the ingredients in this copycat starbucks caramel macchiato?
- Vanilla Extract
- Your Choice of sugar
- Your choice of milk
- Espresso coffee
- Caramel Sauce
What equipment will you need to make this copycat starbucks caramel macchiato at home?
How do you make this Starbucks caramel macchiato copycat at home?
- First you'll need to make 2 ounces or shots of espresso coffee.
- Then you'll need to heat and froth your milk of choice.
- In your 12oz mug of choice, you'll add your vanilla extract and sugar.
- Pour your hot frothed milk into the mug and stir until combined.
- Slowly pour in your espresso coffee in the milk to achieve that coffee and milk separation that Starbucks is famous for.
- lastly, drizzle the top of the coffee with caramel sauce.
Looking for more starbucks copycat recipes?
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Copycat
- ½ tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces espresso coffee
- 1 cup milk
- caramel for drizzling
- Place white sugar and vanilla extract in your 12 ounce mug.
- Warm your milk to about 150° If you have a milk frother or steamer, froth/steam for about 30 seconds.
- Add your steamed milk to the mug and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Brew your espresso coffee and reserve 2 ounces ( 2 shots of espresso)
- Slowly add your hot espresso shots slowly to the sweetened milk.
- Garnish with caramel drizzle.