A few years ago, I worked as a barista at Starbucks. Learning to make all of my favorite drinks and being able to replicate them at home was one of my favorite parts of the job.
Things I learned for this drink in particular is that the grande sized latte uses 2 shots of espresso and 2 pumps of chocolate sauce. The Starbucks peppermint mocha uses 2 pumps of peppermint syrup, but since we are using peppermint extract we'll be using significantly less.
This drink is so easy to make and a lot cheaper than the $6 it costs at the store.
What are the ingredients in this Starbucks peppermint mocha?
- Chocolate Syrup
- Peppermint extract
- Your choice of milk
- Espresso coffee
- Whipped cream
What equipment will you need to make this Starbucks peppermint mocha at home?
How is the Starbucks peppermint mocha made?
- First you'll need to make 2 ounces or shots of espresso coffee.
- Then you'll need to heat and froth your milk of choice.
- In your 12oz mug of choice, you'll add your peppermint extract, chocolate sauce and espresso coffee. Stir til combined.
- Pour your warm and frothed mill into the mug with the coffee and chocolate mixture.
- Finally, top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkled for garnish.
Can you make this peppermint mocha sugar free?
YES! To make this Starbucks peppermint mocha at home sugar free, you would simply to a couple of ingredient swaps. First, you'd swap out the chocolate sauce for a sugar free chocolate sauce. Then, you'd use almond or soy milk instead of commonly used cow's milk. Lastly, you'd use zero sugar whipped cream instead of regular whipped cream.
Want to check out other holiday recipes?
You can try these:
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha At Home
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces espresso coffee
- 1 cup milk of choice I used 2% milk
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles for garnish optional
- Brew your espresso coffee and reserve 2 ounces ( 2 shots of espresso)
- Warm your milk to about 150° If you have a milk frother or steamer, steam for about 30 seconds.
- In your 12oz mug of choice, add your peppermint and chocolate sauce.
- Add your espresso shots to the peppermint chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Add your steamed milk to the coffee and top with whipped cream
- Garnish with chocolate sprinkles if desired