What exactly is Reindeer Munch?
Reindeer munch or reindeer chow as some people call it is festive sweet and salty snack. This will be my first time setting it out for Santa's reindeer. Usually when I make this it's gone in a couple days.
What's Reindeer Munch made out of?
My take on reindeer munch consists of:
- Cinnamon flavored Chex cereal
- Christmas M&M's
- Honey roasted peanuts
- White yogurt covered pretzels
- Christmas sprinkles
- White chocolate chips
- coconut oil
This is a great recipe to make with kids
My son loves helping make this reindeer munch recipe. Mostly, because he gets to sneak M&M's when I'm not looking. With the exception of melting the chocolate, my five year old son helps every step of the way.
What other things can I add into Reindeer Munch?!
If you want to make this recipe your own, here's some ideas on additional mix-ins that would go great:
- Yogurt covered raisins
- Popcorn/kettle corn
- Chocolate peanut butter cups
- Candied pecans or almonds
- Other cereals like Cheerios or Cinnamon Toast Crunch
How do you store Reindeer Munch?
This is best kept in an air-tight container inside the refrigerator. It'll be good for about a 2 weeks.
Reindeer Munch Recipe
- 1 12 oz package Cinnamon Chex
- 1 cup M&M's green and red
- 1 cup Honey roasted peanuts
- 1 ½ cup White yogurt covered pretzels
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon Holiday sprinkles
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place your Chex, M&M's, peanuts and pretzels over the parchment paper.
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt white chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour chocolate over the cereal mixture and using a spatula, mix the chocolate until evenly coated.
- Once the chocolate is well distributed, top with your sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes before breaking apart into chunks.