Recipe done in Partnership with McCormick Grill Mates Bacon
I've kept this recipe a secret for almost a decade. I'm not really sure why I was so scared to share it, but here it is. Sure it's a blondie recipe, but I've been known to eat these bad boys for breakfast by themselves or sometimes as a sundae. Between the candied bacon, toffee chips and pecans it can be a sinful breakfast or a rich dessert.
McCormick Grill Mates has launched 4 new bacon varieties. Their thick cut, premium bacon comes in four delicious flavors: Ultimate Bacon, Montreal Steak, Smoky Applewood and Brown Sugar Bourbon. It is currently available at Sedano’s and other independent grocery retailers. Ask your grocer if you don’t see it!
To celebrate National Bacon Month, I’ve partnered with McCormick for this recipe which I’ll be using their Brown Sugar Bourbon
Candied Bacon Blondie Recipe!
- 5 Slices of McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinated Bacon.
- 2 ¼ Cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ Teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 ¼ Cups of brown sugar separated
- 1 ½ Sticks of melted salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 Heaping cup of chopped pecans
- ¼ Cup of toffee chips
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a shallow pan, lay the bacon out and sprinkle ¼ cup of brown sugar over the uncooked bacon.
- Bake bacon until dark golden brown, about 8 minutes then turn it over and sprinkle ¼ cup of brown sugar over the other side of the bacon. Bake for another 8 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to rack and cool. The bacon can be prepared unto 4 hours ahead.
- While the bacon is cooling, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pecans in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and sugar, slowly add in vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour butter and sugar mixture into dry ingredients and whisk in one egg a a time.
- Fold in toffee chips. Lastly, chop the cooled candied bacon and gently fold it into the batter.
- Pour mixture into a 9x9 baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes and allow to cool completely before cutting.
ENJOY!These candied bacon blondies will keep unto 4 days in an air tight container, but we both know they won't last that long. I personally like using them as the base for a kick-ass dessert including vanilla ice cream and homemade salted caramel.